Saturday 15 September 2012

5 Hours to First 6th Edition Tournament Game [DE]

Hi,

Well I've got my Baron conversion and 4 Razorwing flocks painted as far as I'm going to get them before the tournament. Lots more to do on the Baron, but the flocks just need a litle work on their bases (a drybrush and static grass added).

I've only had 3 1500+ pts games of 6th edition, and I've had very mixed results.  I got slaughtered by Fateweaver daemons using flamers, screamers and even a landing pad.  I mainly learned that screamer and flamers are nasty with the new WD rules update.  If you haven't played against against daemons make sure you read up on screamers, I knew their rules and still found them extremely nasty.

My next game was against semi drop pod space wolves, and my Dark Eldar slaughtered their bread and butter oppoents (marines of any variety, apart from gun line).  Although my opponent only had 3 drop pods, 2 dreads & a razorback as vehicles it showed me that I was right to put haywire grenades on my trueborn and wyches.  Also moving up from 3 to 4 troops at 1500 pts was much better.

My last game was against Guard, going second, playing sideways, and facing 3 vendettas.  I put up a good fight but got slaughtered :(

My conclusions so far is that my list has only gone through a slight tweak for 6th edition (mainly adding in haywire grenades, and lowering the conventional anti tank to add in the baron to join the beastmasters).  Given that my list performs well against 5th edition type lists, but struggles against Flyers and Flying Monstrous Creatures.  I think DE also took a hit in the vehicle vs vehicle fight.  At first you think DE vehicles are no worse off because it was very unlikely a DE vehicle would take 2/3 hits without dying, however it's harder for the DE to suppress vehicles and if their more shooting at DE vehicles then the die even quicker, plus exploding causes a str 4 hits on the occupants, meaning wyches want to charge turn 2 rather than risk staying on their transport any longer.

Later I may consider trying out a Void Raven Bomber, as I've seen some great conversions on the web, and I've got an 1800 point 1-day tournament coming up in 2 months.

Anyway must dash to try and get some sleep, however I can hear my 4 week old daughter sturring, so I may not get any sleep :(

For giggles, the list I'm using is below

Rathstar

Starsmash Tournament List (1499 pts)

Baron - 105

Haemonculus with Shattershard - 65

3 Trueborn with 3 Blasters & Haywire Grenades - 87
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

3 Trueborn with 3 Blasters & Haywire Grenades - 87
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

9 Wracks - 90
Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 60

8 Wyches with Haywire Grenades - 96
Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 60

5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades - 60
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

3 Wracks - 30
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

3 Beastmasters - 144
accompanied by 4 Krymerae & 4 Razorwing flocks

Ravager with 3 Dark Lances - 105

Ravager with 3 Dark Lances - 105

Razorwing Jetfighter - 145
with 2 Dark Lances & 4 Monoscythe Missiles


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails