Wednesday 14 December 2011

Necrons Slowly Rise

Hi,

I just came back from my local Games Workshop, and I got in a quick 1500 point with my Necrons.  I've still got to assemble 2 Annihilation Barges, but the lists I've been using so far have had over half the points in agressive assault units, which is odd given that Necrons are a mid range shooty army, but the army has been fun to play.  For 1750 points I'll just add in the Annihilation Barges to even it out.

Below is  the list I intend to take down my local club, and the army should get some good test games over the xmas break.

How does my list fair against the local necron lists you've seen or played against ? Do you think necrons will have any effect on the tournament scene ?

Rathstar

Necron 1750 Point Army List:

Overlord - 100
  Warscythe
Command Barge - 80

Destroyer Lord - 160 (joins wraiths)
  2+ save, Mindshackle Scarabs

10 Immortals (Tesla Carbines) - 170

10 Immortals (Tesla Carbines) - 170

5 Warriors - 65
Cryptek, HoD**, Solar Pulse - 55

5 Warriors - 65
Cryptek*, HoD - 35

5 Warriors - 65
Cryptek*, HoD - 35

7 Scarabs - 105

7 Scarabs - 105

6 Wraiths - 210

3 Spyders - 150

Annihilation Barge - 90

Annihilation Barge - 90

Total: 1750pts, 66 models.

* Crypteks sometimes join the immortals allowing the small warrioir squads to go into reserve.
** HoD = Harbringer of Destruction, so has a lance (Str8, AP2, 36" range, Assault 1)

I may drop 2 immortals to give the overlord a 2+ save and mindshackle scarabs, but so far the overlord tends not to voluntary get off his barge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails