Tuesday 15 March 2011

Hiatus For a Few Days, and Dark Eldar vs Nids Battle Deployment

Hi,

Work is going a bit crazy, and other stuff is drawing on my time, so there will be a bit of a lull (hopefully only for a few more days) before my next blog post.

A quick update of what I've been up to:
  • I've resprayed black the old ravager I bought on ebay (and converted to match my army) and my converted venom, so they're ready for painting.
  • As my new list needs a unit of 8 incubi I also sprayed 3 more incubi
  • Unfortunately converting has ground to a halt, as I'm waiting for an ebay auction win to arrive from America :(

Gaming wise I got in another game with my Dark Eldar, this time it was against a different mate with a bright yellow tyranid army.  We played 1750 pts, and I decided to try out a beastmaster unit (the call of the razorwings was just to much) instead of an incubi unit.

We rolled the "one objective each" mission, and Dawn of War.  I lost the roll to go first.  With 2 tervigons sitting in the middle of the board in cover I decided to let everything come on turn one...

Below are our lists, and pics of the our deployment zones after our turn one.

Dark Eldar List


Haemonculus - 65
Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun

3 Trueborn with 3 Blasters - 81
in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

3 Trueborn with 3 Blasters - 81
in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

10 Wracks with 2 Liquifier Guns - 120
in Raider with Dark Lance - 60

10 Wyches with Hekatrix with Venom Blade - 115
in Raider with Dark Lance - 60

9 Wyches with Hekatrix with Agoniser - 120
in Raider with Dark Lance - 60

10 Wyches with Hekatrix with Agoniser - 130
in Raider with Dark Lance - 60

5 Wracks - 50
in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 65


5 Beastmasters - 234
accompanied by 7 Krymeras & 6 Razorwing Flocks

Ravager with 3 Dark Lances - 105

Ravager with 3 Dark Lances - 105

Ravager with 3 Dark Lances - 105

Totals: 1746 Pts, 79 Models (including 10 vehicles), 13 Dark Lances, 6 Splinter Cannons & 6 Blasters


Tyranid List

Tyranid Prime with Twin Boneswords & Scything Talons

2 Zoanthropes

3 Hive Guard

3 Hive Guard

Tervigon with Poison & Furious Charge (mainly because termigants nearby get it)

Tervigon with Poison & Furious Charge

10 Termigants

15 Termigants

18 Hormagaunts with Poison & Furious Charge

5 Ravenors with Scything Talons & Rending Claws

5 Tyranid Strikes with Twin Boneswords, Scything Talons & Furious Charge

18 Gargoyles with Poison & Furious Charge

Here's the Tyranid side after their turn 1 (going from left to right):
Strikes Hiding on the left next to the Hormagaunts
Next are Hive Guard and Gargoyles,
with Zoanthropes accompanied by Prime in the middle,
and the second unit of Hive Guard
At the back in the middle are 2 unit of termagants on the Tyranid objective
2 Tervigons in the building, and in front of them are 34 spawned gants
Behind the building are 5 ravenors

With a unit of hive guard on the left flak (opposite my objective) I deployed centrally with 2 wych raiders to try and assault the spawned termagants, with the rest of my army on the right flank.  Here's a pic of my central position and my right flank:
Between the buildings in front of all the vehicles are my proxied beastmaster unit;
Rippers as Razorwing Flocks, and Tau Drones as Beastmasters

How do you think the battle will unfold, and what do you think of the deployment of the Dark Eldar and the Nids ?

Rathstar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails