Tuesday 26 July 2011

On The Road - A New Tournament



Well I haven't really had any motivation to assemble models let alone get any painting done. My next tournament being 2 months away and the fact that work is so busy that I never have a chance of getting a game in at my local club or GW is not helping.

To give me that push to get something done I've decided to go on the road and enter a tournanent a bit further away than I normally travel. I've been to the location before, but last time I stayed round a mate's house, this time I'll be travelling there and back by car on the day of the tournament.

4 games of 40k, and getting up at 6 to be out of the house at 6:30, will make it a long day, but it should be a fun day. The tournament I'm going to is the 10th Annual 40k Online (forum) tournament. I've attended the last few years, however this year, rather than being in Bracknell it's in Westbury at Triple Helix Wargames.

I'm quite happy with the 1500 point Dark Eldar army list I've been using lately, which added to the lack of motivation to paint when my next tournament was going to be another 1500 point tournament. This tournanent is 1750 points, which will allow me to experiment going down from 6 troop choices to fit some more interesting choices in. All those interesting choices (razorwing, beastmasters, reavers) need painting, so with only 4 weeks to go I'll have to get a move on.

Sometimes you have to give yourself a push, and say "so what if I'm busy, I'll find the time". Have you just thought f**k it and signed yourself up for something ? How did it go ?

Rathstar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails